Monday, April 18, 2011

One week into this....

For years I've been trying to find legitimate work at home jobs to no avail.  I know many women and men out there would LOVE to find that perfect job that brings in loads of cash with little effort.  Currently, I work for a bakery in my hometown as an administrative assistant.  I answer phones, deal with irate customers, enter orders, do shipping and anything else they want to me to basically.  I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if my husband and I didn't want to have a child of our own (I have two children from my first marriage.)  With the rising costs of daycare, it would be absurd for me to go back to work so that about 80% of my income goes directly just to daycare.  

So, I've been anxiously researching and trying to get us on the right track.  Thus, begins my journey with quite a few random jobs that either pay large or pay small, either way, they are paying.  I've decided to start finding items to sell on E-Bay and turn them for a profit.  I also have subscribed to various e-jury type income opportunities, surveys, some transcription, etc, etc.  Basically it is whatever that will pay me!  

I wanted to document what I and my husband go through to get me to be home with the children, making what I'm making now and surviving.  We can't have me stay home with one income. It just won't work.  I'm not looking to get rich quick.  I'm not looking to make that magical $10,000 a month!!  I'm looking to make what I make now and save money on after care, daycare and gas (have you seen the price of this stuff lately?! OUTRAGEOUS!)  

Join me on my little trip of downs and hopefully far more ups in my journey of staying with my children and raising them the way I have always dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment